Since LeapFrog’s founding in 2007, investment in diverse people has been at the core of our mission to deliver Profit with Purpose. Our team members are exceptional in their individual expertise and commitment as well as their diversity of background and thought.
It’s also essential to our success that overwhelmingly our team come from or are deeply connected to Africa and emerging Asia. The breadth of lived experiences and perspectives within our firm allows us to connect more closely with both the operating contexts of our portfolio companies and the ambitions of our partner companies. We understand risk and opportunity better.
LeapFrog consistently outperforms its peers in the investment community on key measures of diversity:
- 73% of our overall team are either women or racially diverse, or both.
- 47% of our overall team are women.
- 51% of our workforce are racially diverse.
- 55% of our senior leadership are either women or racially diverse, or both.
- 27% of our senior leadership are women, against a Prequin private equity industry average of 10%.
- 45% of our senior leadership are racially diverse.
- 57% of our board are either women or racially diverse, or both.
- 43% of our board are women, against a Prequin private equity industry average of 5%.
- 29% of our board are racially diverse.
All data correct as of November, 2021
One Global Team, One Global Goal
Drawing from more than 30 countries and situated in offices around the world, our truly global team of investment experts spans emerging markets and centres of capital; driven by one goal, Profit with Purpose.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
LeapFrog is committed to:
- Leading our industry by showcasing the strength that comes through diversity and using our influence to call for improved industry standards.
- Ensuring that LeapFrog itself is a welcoming and inclusive firm.
- Enabling portfolio companies to raise the bar on diversity and inclusion in their own teams, including at senior management and board levels.
- Continuous improvement and ever-better understanding, including looking and learning beyond current reporting. It is a journey, together.